• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss SFL 8x40, A Field Review (1 Viewer)

The results of our investigation of the 8x40 SFL are now on the WEB-site of House of Outdoor.
Gijs van Ginkel
Thank you very much @Gijs van Ginkel for the nice report. Are those values in Table 1 measured values? I have doubts about the Habichts 10x40. Is it really have 16 mm of eye relief? I remember someone mentioned the actual FOV of it is even a few meters larger than the FOV mentioned on the Swarovski website.
Thank you.

The team from Allbinos measured 110 meters field of view with Habicht 10x40, in the specifications from the factory it appears 108
Each measurement is affected by some error.
108m is under 2% different from 110m. If the error in measurement is 2% or more, you cannot say who is who.
And if it is not measured but calculated...
Example: with 1% error, 108m can be 109 m and 110m can be also 109m.

Viraj, post 564,
We measured the eyerelief with a Ramsden dynameter. Furthermore weight, size of exit pupil, objective diameter, and light transmission were measured. We did not measure the FOV.
Gijs van Ginkel

Ignatius, post 572,
I reread your post and I am very curious what you are talking about, when you wrote "He changed the title and has chosen a dreadful font". We never changed the title and the pictures are all the time identical. The only thing that was corrected was the construction year of the early Habicht 10x40 since it was not 1973 (based on the information I had received originally: but 1984. John Roberts had also indicated to me that 1973 was wrong).
Gijs van Ginkel

Ever so sorry everyone, but I find this font terrible to read. So please delete post 572 if at all possible. I shall refrain from butting in in future.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2022-11-27 20-54-47.jpg

Ever so sorry everyone, but I find this font terrible to read. So please delete post 572 if at all possible. I shall refrain from butting in in future.

Suspect the "odd" font you are seeing, is picked by your operating system (or perhaps the web browser plugin). I see the same font as usual.

Transmission curve seem to be quite similar to Conquest HD by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back