• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss terra ed 8x32 loose Central hinge (1 Viewer)

I rotated the nut in a clockwise direction by less than a 1/4 full rotation to reach the desired level of hinge tightness. The tightness level is secured purely by friction. The hardest part was removing the covering cap. This struck me as pretty poor product design.
Another thing that struck me having opened both ends of the bins, is just how crudely fashioned the supporting mechanics are underneath.
Cheers and thanks for the info.
I’m not convinced it’s poor product design, its a deliberate design choice to keep the likes of me from mucking about inside my bins😂

When I pulled the rubber cap off the focusing knob I too was startled at the poorly finished mechanics. Then again the bins do their job and seem to be able to take some abuse.
I dropped our Terra’s and crushed the metal frame of one of the eye pieces badly. I bent the thing back into shape (more or less) with a pair of needle nose pliers, popped the rubber eyecup back on and voila, even the eye relief position is still functional.
Anyway all this worked out. Congrats again.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back