• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss - Try it for 48hours (1 Viewer)

Took delivery of the bins yesterday. They arrived in their grey case in a smallish slightly torn cardboard box (not a hard plastic secured flight case) with minimal foam padding for protection inside a Parcel Force plastic bag. Thankfully no damage to them. Bins look new - no signs of wear & tear at all. Sadly, the straps for the bins and case were omitted. Spoke with 'Try Zeiss' (4Fill) and followed up with an email - very apologetic and willing to post up but declined their offer - will just use an existing strap.

The choice of transport container and lack of padding in the box was more of a concern so will ensure copious amounts of bubble wrap are used for the return journey and the box is wrapped before being placed in the Parcel Force bag. Otherwise a good service so far.

Hope to get out and try them today before poor weather sets in all day tomorrow/Saturday morning.

Bentley03 - I know what you mean about feel, ease of use etc I'm like that with cricket bats though sadly one does not have a facility to field test them before purchase!

GB
Crikey, Graham, you've not had the best start to the hire. That packaging sounds inadequate at best, and how irritating to have those accessories omitted. Mine arrived without the rainguard, but were otherwise complete and beautifully protected in a foam filled heavy duty flight case.

Hope you're otherwise enjoying them! 🙂

James,

Thanks for the info; much appreciated.

How easy was it to repackage everything for collection please?

The cashback voucher means the price of a pair of 10x42 SF's drops to about £1,850 - only about £50 more than a pair of Noctivids, £500 cheaper than a pair of NL's and £225 more than EL's - makes things interesting! NB this assumes prices already discounted apply.

Thanks

GB (aka Graham)
Well, the pricing became even more interesting today, with one of the listed stockists taking a further £205 off the price of the Victory SF 10x42's in their Black Friday sale. I think I worked out a final price of £1,645 after cashback. The retailer is awaiting stock, but taking orders.

Well, the pricing became even more interesting today, with one of the listed stockists taking a further £205 off the price of the Victory SF 10x42's in their Black Friday sale. I think I worked out a final price of £1,645 after cashback. The retailer is awaiting stock, but taking orders.

Wow that's some cost saving. Just hope the weather eases up soon so I can continue to trial them before their return on Monday.

GB

Bins got collected yesterday. Received emails today confirming safe return of goods and confirmation of full refund of deposit (up to 5 working days to clear) along with a 10% cashback voucher (to be used within 60 days). A great service offered by Zeiss - really easy to use. Only issues were the missing straps (which weren't really an issue for me) and poor packaging which I over compensated for when sending back.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back