• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Zen Ray adapter (1 Viewer)

tucansam

I hope I am putting this in the correct forum.

I have a Zen Ray 20-60x80 spotter (aka Gen 1 Vortex Razor near as I can tell) and I'd love to be able to take pictures with my DSLR and/or Android phone. I have seen numerous generic adapters on amazon that are said to adapt to different eyepieces. Does a anyone have any experience photographing with this spotter?

Thanks.

horukuru

Here I Come !
I hope I am putting this in the correct forum.

I have a Zen Ray 20-60x80 spotter (aka Gen 1 Vortex Razor near as I can tell) and I'd love to be able to take pictures with my DSLR and/or Android phone. I have seen numerous generic adapters on amazon that are said to adapt to different eyepieces. Does a anyone have any experience photographing with this spotter?

Thanks.

Hio tucansam,

At 20x of your eyepiece, put your camera from the smartphone as close as possible and see the level of vignetting. If it is big, means, it is good for digiscoping. Same goes with your DSLR with 30mm lens or less.

Users who are viewing this thread