• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen ray prime hd 20-60 (1 Viewer)

nivekgnow

Hello. I have just received the zen ray prime hd from a friend and I would like to replace the eye piece. I know it's a old spotter but would anyone know what eyepieces are available for it on the current market that would be compatible?

I would like to get a mrad reticle eye pieve for it however vortex ones state that it is for the 85mm scopes.

The Zen-Ray ED2 spotting scope is like the 1st gen Vortex Razor HD scopes in that the zoom is a clone of the Swarovski 20-60x, so it uses the same bayonet mount. You should be able to use Swarovski eyepieces and 1st gen Vortex Razor HD eyepieces.

The Zen-ray clone of the Swarovski 20-60x zoom is an excellent eyepiece, IMO essentially indistinguishable from a genuine Swarovski zoom of the same vintage. Current Swaro 20-60x zooms probably have upgraded coatings, but when I tested the Zen-ray scope I thought the zoom eyepiece was the best thing about it.

Too all,

I have just received a 33x VORTEX VIPER FIXED EYEPIECE (85mm) with MRAD Subtensions. I fits just fine, it was able CA is very slight but not enough to notice. Colors still remain sharp. Thank you for the advice peoples. I hope others who may run into this will be able to find solutions. even though the scope is 82mm, the eye piece works just fine from what i can tell.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back