• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zoo tragedy (1 Viewer)

It is, but aren't captive animals outside the purview of BF?

The culprits have fessed up and are very distressed. No more to be said there IMHO.

It appears the damned things are already illegal in Germany: lets hope the rest of Europe not only follows this sensible lead but publicises it so that everybody knows Chinese lanterns (to put the blame where it properly belongs) are a really, really bad idea.

John

It is, but aren't captive animals outside the purview of BF?

The culprits have fessed up and are very distressed. No more to be said there IMHO.

It appears the damned things are already illegal in Germany: lets hope the rest of Europe not only follows this sensible lead but publicises it so that everybody knows Chinese lanterns (to put the blame where it properly belongs) are a really, really bad idea.

John

Even if those animals are part of breeding programme to help ensure species survival? It wasn't the petting zoo wiped out and I didn't post a picture, asking you to ID a Mormoset........

Maybe should have put it in the newsy bit.

Last edited:
Even if those animals are part of breeding programme to help ensure species survival? It wasn't the petting zoo wiped out and I didn't post a picture, asking you to ID a Mormoset........

Maybe should have put it in the newsy bit.

I dunno, mate, I wasn't trying to trip you up, just asking! I'm OK with it if everyone else is.

Cheers

John

Oh yes. I can be a bit harsh sometimes. But I try to count to ten first.... admittedly sometimes it doesn't work! :t:

John

I usually get to 5 or 6 and it gets too much and I have to let go......:-C

Happy New Year, my resolution is to try and get to at least 8 for a more considered outburst:t:

This is another reason why with animals should never be locked up. I'm sorry but I hate zoos and the same goes for these marine parks like SeaWorld etc.

I'm very surprised to find that Chinese Lanterns are still on sale in the UK. I mistakenly thought they had been banned nationwide, though many counties have made it illegal to release them.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back