Alternative names: Zambezi Indigobird, Peter's Twinspot Indigobird
- Vidua codringtoni
- Blue or green gloss to black plumage
- White flank spot (usually concealed)
- Black tail
Subspecies lusituensis is not generally recognised.
Dense woodland thickets.
Ground feeders; their main diet consists of small seeds.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2014. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: Version 6.9., with updates to August 2014. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved October 2014)
- BirdForum Opus contributors. (2022) Green Indigobird. In: BirdForum, the forum for wild birds and birding. Retrieved 29 January 2022 from https://www.birdforum.net/opus/Green_Indigobird