• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iPod Nano & Video Guide to British Birds (1 Viewer)

hoopoe

United Kingdom
Hi

I'm not sure if I am in the correct forum, but has anyone tried using any of the video and audio field guides with an ipod as advertised by www.birdguides.com

I would be interested to know how successful these products are and how easy they are to use in the field?

I've used both the audio and video guides on an ipod and found them very easy to use. Personally I don't think the video guide is much use for ID purposes, a field guide will be of far more use. That said the video guide was handy when out with non-birders as I could show them what the bird was that we were trying to see. The audio guide was more useful in the field, I had the European version (over 500 species) and it was handy when I wanted to check a call when out.

Thank you for your response - I thought I had just solved my wife's dilemma regarding a Xmas present for me, but I will give it a bit more thought!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back