• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arasaki (1 Viewer)

iraqbabbler

I'm flying out to Japan next week for some birding in Hokkaido and I'm also hoping to visit Arasaki in the south. Is there any way of knowing whether the cranes are still there at this time of the year or if they've already gone ?

Thanks and happy birding o:D

Thank you Ampersand o:D
I did indeed get to see the cranes: Thousands of Hoodeds and quite a few White Naped mixed in with them ..

I believe that they stay in Arasaki until at least mid march before the numbers start to plummet for the season ..

I'm really glad that I went and experienced a unique spectacle in the birding world .. ;) ..

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back