• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ringing again on my patch in Spain (1 Viewer)

tchagra

Hi Folks

Well,I now have my Spanish hat on and this week ventured out to my Olive grove site.It was really wet underfoot so the mainland must have had quite a bit of rain while I was in Goa.

Managed to put 6 nets up the evening before,and the day turned out to be a bit dismal ,with typical levanter cloud hanging around ,and by mid day a fresh wind to boot so had to pack up earlier than wanted.

Still,it was pretty quiet anyway,mirrored basically what Gib is like at the moment.

NEW BIRDS RETRAPS

COMMON CHIFFCHAFF 1 0

BLACKCAPS 2 0

CIRL BUNTING 2 0

FAN TAILED WARBLER 1 0

CORN BUNTING 1 0

GREENFINCH 1 0

HOUSE SPARROW 3 0

SARDINIAN WARBLER 0 2

CETTIS WARBLER 0 1

TOTAL BIRDS 11 3

Checked my Rio Guadiaro/Rio genal site today and the weather a lot more cheerful and the birds seemed to know it too.Noted the first 7 Woodchat Shrikes of the year moving up the valley,a pair of Little Ringed Plovers have set up territory near where I ring too.

Ringing at the Casares site in the morning and next week,weather permitting have 3 days set aside,incl.the Rio Guadiaro site,plus the olive grove again and my first spring visit to the Rio Guadalmansa,so hopefully lots to report next week.

Your Spanish Correspondent

Ricardo

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back