• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

flying birds fz28-tcon (1 Viewer)

will@bill

FATHER AND SON TEAM
i am after setting one of the custom modes on my fz28 just for flying birds as been having a go but shots an not that great
could anyone give me some setting to start with:t:
many thanks

Attachments

• 25 june 09 east coast trip (6).jpg
    25 june 09 east coast trip (6).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 25 june 09 east coast trip (8).jpg
    25 june 09 east coast trip (8).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 169
What is your ISO setting on these? they look a little grainy as if the camera have felt a lack of light. If possible go with a lower iso; that can be counteracted by lack of light, however.

Other than that, take many shots, some might turn out better than others, and the rest can be dumpted.

Disclaimer, I use the FZ18 without the tcon, so cannot help further.

Niels

What is your ISO setting on these? they look a little grainy as if the camera have felt a lack of light. If possible go with a lower iso; that can be counteracted by lack of light, however.

Other than that, take many shots, some might turn out better than others, and the rest can be dumpted.

Disclaimer, I use the FZ18 without the tcon, so cannot help further.

Niels

iso 400 1/1300 s/speed f/8
what should i set my max iso at?
cheers:t:

My FZ18 lives in the iso-max 400 mode, which often will make it choose iso 200 if the light is somewhat good. The iso 400 shots I get are about as grainy as yours. If that is the only problem, then a noice reduction program might do the trick; I use Noiseware from Imagenomic, and like it (don't use the in-camera noice reduction if your camera works somewhat like mine, it is overdoing the stuff). I have not made a lot of flight shots but some with Caribbean Martins came out OK: I use aperture priority, open up the lens fully, and maybe set the measuring control to -1/3 (the slightly darker images can be lightened afterwards in photoshop). If the sky is the background, I will change the focus point to the somewhat larger, high speed square, if the bird flies so low that the background becomes bushes etc let the focus point stay at smallest possible center square. As I said above, camera on continous, take plenty of images.

Hope this helps.
Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back