• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bradiford and Wrafton (1 Viewer)

SANDYMERE

Hi all, i see from the Devon birding thread that Bradiford and wrafton seem to be interesting places especially if the Pochard is still there. i live the other side of the river Torridge and despite several journeys that way I’m having difficulties in finding my way:-C
Can anyone please tell me where i should be going? + Directions to any other interesting sites in the North area would be much appreciated.
Many thanks from a very eager virgin wildlife enthusiast.
:t:

For Wrafton Pond you need to go towards Braunton from Barnstaple. Turn off left at the new roundabout pointing to the new Tesco store just as you come into Braunton. go through the next mini roundabout and park on the left opposite the surf place. walk back towards the mini roundabout and take a right onto the Tarka trail - the pond is about 200 yards up on the left. Pochard was still there yesterday.

Bradiford waters nature reserve is situated beside the tarka trail near Pottington industrial site, Barnstaple.

Other places that I regularly visit is Fremington Quay, Isley Marsh RSPB, and Skern on Northern Burrows. Give me a shout if you need further info.

Thanks Roy,
a bit too wet and cold this weekend perhaps we'll try a visit next weekend. What a lovely pic of the grey Phalarope.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back