• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

kick-starting my New Year (1 Viewer)

Evening all, Last year I started my birding year & my year list by visiting Upton Warren on Jan 2nd. It wasnt too bad, a bit wet but bagged 36 to start the year off & it's also a very good place to go birding, good hides & a varied habitat, as far as Midlands habitats go.
I'm interested to know if their are other birding spots in the West Mids where that list can get off to a good start, Brandon perhaps. All suggestions most welcome, set m'self a tough UK target this year so need a productive January.
Happy Christmas everyone and hope you all have an excellent birding 2010
a.jay

Have you considered the West Midlands Bird Club,i've just joined and they have reserves that may be more local to you,the prices are reasonable and the members i have met have been really helpful to me.

Evening all, Last year I started my birding year & my year list by visiting Upton Warren on Jan 2nd. It wasnt too bad, a bit wet but bagged 36 to start the year off & it's also a very good place to go birding, good hides & a varied habitat, as far as Midlands habitats go.
I'm interested to know if their are other birding spots in the West Mids where that list can get off to a good start, Brandon perhaps. All suggestions most welcome, set m'self a tough UK target this year so need a productive January.
Happy Christmas everyone and hope you all have an excellent birding 2010
a.jay

Chasewater wouldn't be too far for you. Excellent Chasewater website here with lots of info http://www.chasewater.org.uk/

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back