• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Doi Inthanon (Christmas 2009) (1 Viewer)

MarcellC

Hi all

I went birding at Doi Inthanon with Allthai (member here on the forum) who got us a fantastic local guide.

From the moment there was light things started happening with Black-tailed Crake and Daurian Redstart - this was just a taste of things to come with species rapidly making their appearance, also thanks to the guide's choice of stopping places no doubt. Early morning started at 7 degrees celsius at the gate, so well fresh to say the least

Unfortunately we lost out on a few birds due to and increasing wind, especially towards the summit. We still managed to get a good 55 species for the day. Doi Inthanon certainly deserves 2-3 days though!!

thanks to Allthai and especially for getting hold of the guide you did - a great day out from Chiang Mai indeed.

I'm attaching a list of the birds we saw that day - was certainly a great Christmas package for me. B :)

Attachments

• Doi Inthanon, Thailand (25 Dec 09).pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 91
Sounds like you had a great day Marcell.

Do you have any information to pass on about the guide that you used - contact details, name etc?

Hi Alf

I don't have any contact details for the guide - we got through arranging the vehicle and day trip through All Thailand (link to their site http://www.all-thailand-exp.com/)

Speak to the owner, a guy called Randy ("AllThai" here on the BF) You're welcome to mention my trip as reference to the guide.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back