• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji telephoto lens (1 Viewer)

weather

Pirate name: Poncy Henry Goodfellow
Hey all,

Does anyone have experience with the Fuji S5000 and telephoto lens?

Thanks, Mike

Yes. I've had an s5000 for the last 3 weeks, and after about 1400 photos (of which maybe 50/60 have been keepers), I love it. I'm using it with a 1.7x Olympus TCON-17 (not the tcon17C), which gives me clear, clear pictures and 35mm equivalent zoom of 630mm. I prefer it to the fuji telephoto, as it has less (almost none) purple fringing in high contrast conditions.

Here's a couple of pictures I took with it this morning (6mp, max zoom. image cropped only. Native size of these at 300ppi is 5x5 inches).

Attachments

• rbfinch in twigs resize - 1415.jpg
    rbfinch in twigs resize - 1415.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 263
  • nhh on banksia square  resize - 1537.jpg
    nhh on banksia square resize - 1537.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 269
MikeMules said:
Yes. I've had an s5000 for the last 3 weeks, and after about 1400 photos (of which maybe 50/60 have been keepers), I love it. I'm using it with a 1.7x Olympus TCON-17 (not the tcon17C), which gives me clear, clear pictures and 35mm equivalent zoom of 630mm. I prefer it to the fuji telephoto, as it has less (almost none) purple fringing in high contrast conditions.

Here's a couple of pictures I took with it this morning (6mp, max zoom. image cropped only. Native size of these at 300ppi is 5x5 inches).

Thanks allot for the information. I was also wondering if it was a true telephoto zoom lens. I've heard that you have to have the camera set on full zoom or you get softness around the edges. Is this a problem with the Olympus TCON-17 too? Very nice pics.....

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back