• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's wrong with this photo? (1 Viewer)

joee1949

I wonder why I don't get any feedback on this photo.

Personally I prefer it over some others which DID get feedback.

link

Maybe people can tell me what is wrong with it.

Thanks
Joe

It's a nice photo but, as Jens says, not all photos get feedback. It is often a matter of luck and depends on how many other photos are posted around the same time etc.

Eagle said:
Well I think it is a wonderful photo!
Where do these lovely birds live? :clap: :clap:

from Adelaide, Melbourne around the East coast of Australia up to South Queensland, in a 200km belt from the coast.

They nest in thick scrub but frolick in open woodland, very flighty bird, hard to photograph because they never sit still.

joee1949 said:
I wonder why I don't get any feedback on this photo.

Personally I prefer it over some others which DID get feedback.

link

Thanks
Joe
The only thing I can think of (being realistic here!!:brains:) - it shows a drab female, not so exciting as the stunning male in the next pic beside it in your gallery (which gets lots of 'Oooohs' and 'Ahhhhhs'). As a quality photo, I'd say it's very good.

Michael

joee1949 said:
link

Oh, I totally forgot to give you critique on the picture in my last post.

I like the picture a lot, in particular the composition and the catchlight in the bird's eye. Also the exposure is perfect IMO. However, there are a two things that might be the reason for less people wanting to comment on it:
- It appears to be sunset light which makes all colours quite muted and toned to the warm side. That probably makes the bird itself to not "stand out".
- The twig going from behind the tail and continuing up overthe bird disturbs my eye a lot. So, if you feel comfortable altering a picture, you could try to clone it out. (A "scratch remover" tool is effective for that.)

Cheers, Jens.

As Robin said, it may depend on the time you posted it. Living in Europe (GMT +1), I have more feedback when I'm posting in the late afternoon or in the evening (from 5 to 10 p.m.).
For your pic I think it could be still nicer if you made the background a little more steady (for example with the tool "drops" in Photoshop). But it is a question of personal liking!
Regards. Marie

Thanks Marie and jebir, I'm just trying the cloning, haven't done that before.

Have to have a look at "drops" too.

Thanks very much. That is the kind advice I really need.

here is a 1st attempt

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back