• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HS20EXR Novice (1 Viewer)

Stephen-Brooks

Hi all,

I am very new to photography and also new to birding. I was wondering whether someone who has experience with this camera could spare me a small amount of their time to help me get to grips with my newly acquired HS20EXR. I have read the manual twice but still require a talking to in simple plain English as to how things really work.

I appreciate your time and your responses.

Kind Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen

I am in exactly the same situation! New to birding, new to photography, new HS20 :)

I followed the settings advice on the tutorials on this website :

http://mikeatkinson.net/tutorials.htm

Run through the various tutorials and apply which settings you can to the HS20

I've got some semi decent photos using this advice... I think it's a good place to start and I get much better results than using the EXR auto setting anyhow..

Hope that helps a bit :)

I've just got an HS20 plus a Raynox 2.2x converter and found Kiwi's site which has a lot of advice - I'm trying his section on the EXR mode to shoot in low light through the converter.

Jared - ta for the link.

Has anyone who owns a HS20EXR had any success with birds in flight? If so could you please explain how you were able to pull off such a shot as this type of shot with this camera has me stumped.

Regards Stephen

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back