• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aya Napa 28th April - 6th May (1 Viewer)

RE Birder

Birding not twitching
Hi
Staying here, any site nearby or likely species at that time of year would be great. First proper chance to bird abroad as I'm not with the kids!! Cape Greco looks good?

Last edited:
Hi
Staying here, any site nearby or likely species at that time of year would be great. First proper chance to bird abroad as I'm not with the kids!! Cape Greco looks good?

yes indeed, Cape Greco (Kapo Grekko I think) is a wonderful wildlife area nearby, check cyprus reports under Vacational Trip Reports. My report from early April last year has photos and descriptions of where to go. Several profitable tracks to take. Great birds should be present. Loads of Spectacled Warblers, maybe other warblers if not too late like Sardinian, Ruppells, and Orphean, Chukars, Quail, Black Francolin, wheatears, Larks galore (watch out for Bimaculated), Wryneck, raptors such as a harriers (maybe a bit late for pallid). Maybe if lucky you can get a Saker Falcon.

Nearby can try Paralimni Lake for crakes, wildfowl, waders, raptors but you need to study reports for exact spots to find crake pools, also near by Aya Napa sewage / water treatment works for passerines like flycatchers including Collared.

I am going back to Cyprus for 4 nights in late March early April. But based at Paphos this time. Hard to say which end of island is best - both as good as each other though Cape Greco is underwatched.

Last edited:
Thanks wolfbirder for the info, I have read your report, really interesting, kurdish Wheatear, nice. It does appear that it will be just a bit late for Pallid.
Thanks again

Last edited:
Thanks wolfbirder for the info, I have read your report, really interesting, kurdish Wheatear, nice. It does appear that it will be just a bit late for Pallid.
Thanks again

Hi RE Birder. I might bump into you - I am heading out there on Wednesday, staying at Protaras, just the other side of Cape Greco. I will have the full family so won't be getting in as much birding as you, but will hopefully see a few bits and pieces.
Cheers
Jono Leadley

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back