• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B.o.g.o.f (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martin

I have very recently aquired a Nikon 24X WDS eyepiece, a FSA adaptor and an attachment ring for my ED111A scope and 4500 camera. As this is my first attempt at digiscoping, I have obviously been disappointed with the results, (as already discussed in this forum).
However, because I had to buy the FSA adaptor as a set, the FSA-1 and FSA-2 sections are redundant when used with the DS eyepiece. Take the FSA-2 section, apply a 10mm wide strip of "soft" self adhesive velcro to the inside of the threaded end and it becomes a "perfect fit" push on adaptor for the Swarovski 30X SW eyepiece and I mean perfect, feeling fairly tight and allowing no movement.
The results, the soft focus problem experienced with the original setup has been eliminated, even at the higher magnification,
The ATS 65 HD Swarovski scope is obviously better suited to the 4500 camera than is the ED111A.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back