• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Favorite Squirrel (1 Viewer)

Pete, that first one is really quite a pose. Very, very good. I looked through the comments, what's up with the 2TD from that one person? Is that someone who you gave a TD critique to? That's what I hate about photosig.

squirrel and corncob

Those photos are incredible. What camera do you use, if you don't mind my asking? I am sitting here blown away by the sharpness and how in the heck did you get three feet from a squirrel without him running off?
wanda

Pete I can see why you got the highest rating there on that photograph... my friend it is absolutely steller! I really like the manner in which you captured the attitude of this lil varmit.
Excellent photographs Pete. Good to see them.:t:

Pete, I nearly fell off my chair when I looked at the pulpit shot. They are both extraordinary but you not only photographed at the precise moment but you named that one aptly.

Re: squirrel and corncob

wandalf said:
Those photos are incredible. What camera do you use, if you don't mind my asking? I am sitting here blown away by the sharpness and how in the heck did you get three feet from a squirrel without him running off?
wanda

I use the Minolta DiMage 7i camera. I also have an Olypmus 1.5x TeleConverter, but didn't need it for this shot. I have a plywood hide with a hole in it for the camera lens to go through, that is also how I get the close up bird shots.

bcurrie said:
Pete, that first one is really quite a pose. Very, very good. I looked through the comments, what's up with the 2TD from that one person? Is that someone who you gave a TD critique to? That's what I hate about photosig.

I dunno Brian, maybe he don't like squirrels that are attracted by food! First time ever for TD I think, but out of 250+ posts on that pic, guess it is bound to happen.

I just love the expression on the face of that first squirrel. Outstanding.
Do you cook those corn on the cobs? Do you put them up on a sharp point? Have you perhaps a picture of the hide and the whole setup to lure your birds?

paula said:
I just love the expression on the face of that first squirrel. Outstanding.
Do you cook those corn on the cobs? Do you put them up on a sharp point? Have you perhaps a picture of the hide and the whole setup to lure your birds?

Hi Paula,

I have an article at http://www1.photosig.com/userarticles.php?id=4796 that describes the setup with some pictures. I have added to it since then, so will take another pic and send to you showing the current setup. The corn is not cooked and I put them on a 16d nail with the head cut off.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back