• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus Zuiko TC or Kenko TC? (1 Viewer)

Tord

Hi

I have been reading through the various threads discussing TC and it seems that the Kenko TC is highly regarded on this forum, producing excellent results.

My question is: can anyone tell if the Kenko would perform better than the Zuiko EC14 when used with a scope? (I already have the EC14, an perfect companion to Zuiko high grade lenses). If so, any idea about price tag and where to source it from?

Kind Regards
Tord

The Olympus is at least twice the price of the Kenko, they are probably quite similar in optical performance with the Olympus maybe having better build quality. Is there anything about the Olympus that would make you want to try the Kenko?

Paul.

Paul,

There is nothing that would make me want to drop the Olympus EC14, on the contrary. 95% of the times it is attached to my 50-200 SWD lens (on another body) and I was thinking about not having to un/mount it in the field more often than necessary.

Hence the question if the Kenko would be a cost effective solution while not sacrificing quality. For reference: used EC14's in excellent condition can be found on the second hand market at a price tag of 200£ or less.

/Tord

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back