• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Nikon LX "L" (1 Viewer)

DHB

Just thought I would give the binoholic's something else to think about.
I saw the latest "L" version lighter weight Nikon Venturers at our local Sportsmans Warehouse and all I can say is SWEET. Bright, sharp and oh so light. I can't imagine these not being rated the best. I couldn't believe how light they felt, Eagle Optics has the weight as 28oz and I would say they are correct. The optics as before are simply awesome. Now if they would become available as demo's so I could afford them. The price was $1299 for 10x42 so they will probably be able to be bought for about $200 less.
Dave

Well Dave, since the focus gets stiffer in cold weather and the 8x ONLY have a FOV of 366ft, they obviously are inferior to the 8x Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss; and therefore, they SUCK!!!

Sorry, just figured I would cut to the chase and save everyone the time an effort. B :)

Seriously Dave, like seeing your post and look forward to getting my hands on a pair. I almost bought the 34oz version instead of my Ultravids.

Bill Atwood said:
Well Dave, since the focus gets stiffer in cold weather and the 8x ONLY have a FOV of 366ft, they obviously are inferior to the 8x Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss; and therefore, they SUCK!!!

Sorry, just figured I would cut to the chase and save everyone the time an effort. B :)

Seriously Dave, like seeing your post and look forward to getting my hands on a pair. I almost bought the 34oz version instead of my Ultravids.

Bill: I think you are confusing the Nikon LX (known to us in the UK as HG) and the Nikon SE ranges. The LX is a roof prism binocular. The SE is a porro prism one, and yes most owners report a stiff focus wheel in cold weather. Anyway, that's enough boring pedantry from me.

Bill Atwood said:

Actually the FOV issue is an issue to me. After I posted this, I kink of thought I over reacted. I personally do like a wide FOV and most if not all Japanese bino's suffer from a smaller FOV compared to the Euro's. But other than that I can't think of one other negative to the new LX's.
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back