• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kodak LS 443 (1 Viewer)

OWLGUY

Hello everyone, I am a new birder within the last few months and I am interested in digiscoping. I currently own a Kodak LS 443 camera and I was wondering if anyone out there knows whether or not this camera can be used for digiscoping?...and, if yes, could they pass on any information to me so I can get started. Thanks. If no, then I will keep on asking more questions on how to get started with another setup!! I am hoping this camera will work. When I went to Scopetronix website it did say that there is a specific adapter for the LS 443 that will enable the camera to be used for digiscoping....I am so new I don't know what to think. HELPPPPP!!

Thanks, Stephen :h?:

Hi Stephen,
I'm not too sure how this camera would be attached to a scope, maybe there's a Kodak accessory lens adapter to provide a thread in front of the lens just beyond it's maximum reach to attach a conventioal digiscoping adapter, alternatively a support type bracket could be used that holds the camera up to the eyepiece via the camera's tripod socket.

In any case, I'd suggest trying the camera out by holding it close to the scope eyepiece and see what sort of results you get... noting the amount of vignetting, also watch that you don't hold it so close that the lens hits the eyepiece as you zoom in or out.

Many companies will offer a way to attach a specific camera to a scope eyepiece but don't assume that the camera will be a good digiscoping performer.

Not being familiar with this camera, I can only go by what I have read on the web.... in use i'd suggest using the 'sports mode' on the camera for digiscoping, use the centre zomne focus system (with subject in centre) rather than letting the camera try to focus on the closest subject in view.

regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back