• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goa - Taxi contacts (1 Viewer)

Barred Wobbler

I'm off to Goa early in the New Year, staying in Candolim, just south of Baga, so I'll be about 4 to 5 miles away from the famous birder hangouts at Baga such as the Riverside Regency and the Marinha Dourada.

I understand that some taxi drivers gave a good reputation for bird-finding trips, while some others may make the same claims, but aren't actually in the same league.

I've heard several names of drivers mentioned, both in reports and in conversation with people who have used them in recent years (but unfortunately didn't keep contact details) and I'm wondering if anyone here can give me contact details of good drivers for use when I'm out there and have my day-to-day itinerary more settled.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,
We were in Goa last November and used 2 drivers called Santosh and another called Raymond both could be found around the Biera Mar hotel (along with other taxis) both were very good for locating the birds. The only contact detail I have is for Santosh which is (+91) 9881180424. or by email [email protected]
I believe Santosh gets quite busy so you would be as well contacting him before you go. His rates are very reasonable and will give you a price before you go, he is also reliable for early morning pick ups (if you choose). Bondla is the furthest away but well worth the trip as he found us the oriental dwarf kingfisher & the Malabar trogen. Hope this helps either way Goa is just the best for birds. Feel free to PM me if you would like any further info that I can help you with
Debbie

The number for Raymond is 00919922271840. He is a great guide.

Another vote for 'Raymond'.......he will also go by name of 'Rayman' (that's what's on his card), and real name Rama M. Govekar.....all same chap: do have his e-mail if required.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back