• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony DSCV1 & Opticron ES80 (1 Viewer)

tedk

Can anyone suggest a suitable direct coupling device for a Sony DSCV1 used with an Opticron ES 80 - usually with the Opticron DTL eyepiece but occasionally a 20-60 zoom. Other equipment such as the Opticron UDCA looks too cumbersome for my liking, and whilst I have had some reasonable results hand holding the camera to the eyepiece this method is too hit and miss.

Hi Ted (assuming you are a Ted),

Have you seen this thread?
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=30084

Comments by "SteveC" would probably give you some relevant guidance as he's also using an ES80. Seems good value and will avoid the hit and miss aspect of the UDCA (which I hated intensely when I tried one in the shop, but hey, it's all down to personal preference in the end) once it's been set up for your camera/scope/eyepiece combo.

Duncan.

P.S. Good to see someone else using a Sony for digiscoping.

Yelvertoft said:
Hi Ted (assuming you are a Ted),

Have you seen this thread?
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=30084

Comments by "SteveC" would probably give you some relevant guidance as he's also using an ES80. Seems good value and will avoid the hit and miss aspect of the UDCA (which I hated intensely when I tried one in the shop, but hey, it's all down to personal preference in the end) once it's been set up for your camera/scope/eyepiece combo.

Duncan.

P.S. Good to see someone else using a Sony for digiscoping.

Duncan

I have checked the thread you suggested and it mentions a few very similar products, all of which look quite interesting. With a bit of luck one or other will do the trick, and the bonus is that they are all very reasonably priced.

Many thanks
Ted

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back