• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bargain Swarovski ATS80 HD (1 Viewer)

Ragna

Have been considering changing my scope to a ATS80 HD for a few weeks now, particularly because it appeared to be the top scope for digi-scoping, but could not really justify paying the heavy price. The other night whilst checking Internet prices I clicked on to www.waltersphotovideo.co.uk. 30 x SW eyepiece was 189 GBP (about average). ATS80 HD body 850 GBP! Surely this had to be a mistake.... After a sleepless night I phoned walters and the price was confirmed as being correct. This was an opportunity too good to miss so I ordered one. Although the staff were very helpful they did not appear to be very knowledgeable. If anyone is interested in ordering an eyepiece for this scope, you will need the SW eyepiece, which they advertise for the 65 mm scope (these eyepieces are designed for the ATS range of scopes). I received the scope the following day (Friday), total price 1,045 GBP. This included ATS80 HD body, 30 x SW eyepiece and next-day delivery. This package was 300 GBP cheaper than anywhere else I could find. :t:

Andy i seem to think they have priced it as the old scope as their other Swarovski items bins etc, are priced similarly to other dealers

Yep, they've realised their mistake..... still, a rather smug Surrey member had a good result :) Perhaps they were curious as to a reason to a deluge of enquiries from BF members? I expect one of their staff will be a bit short in his pay packet this week.

Sounds like someone made a major drop off, shame they discovered it I might have opted for a upgrade at that price.

recomended

i have used Walters as they are close to me, infact they have beaten any price i can find online & can go into the shop, look at the product. spend hours compairing and they ahve always been great. even if i dont purchase at that time, they always take the trouble to spend time & help.

before any of you try the so called top companies giving ghreat discounts, look carefully & add up. then try Walters, they are a greabunch of guys always willing to help. & fast getting anything out to you if need be.

i will always go back, scope. digital or SLR 35mm. they do it all

they have branches in Caerphilly, Merthyr, Ebbw Vale so look the up & safe yourself.
i have done for the past 5 years with no regret

good luck :clap:

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back