• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Holland in winter (1 Viewer)

Phil Todd

Birder and marillion fan
Off to Rhine delta area at beginning of feb next year for marillion related activity and having a couple of days after to do some birding as well as while I'm there, (at Port Zelande Center parcs).

Have been to that area once, to look at Oude lande de Strijen back in 1991. Is that still a good spot and what other places near Port Zelande are worth a visit?

May also get up to Arnhem area what may I see there?

Phil Todd said:
Off to Rhine delta area at beginning of feb next year for marillion related activity and having a couple of days after to do some birding as well as while I'm there, (at Port Zelande Center parcs).

Have been to that area once, to look at Oude lande de Strijen back in 1991. Is that still a good spot and what other places near Port Zelande are worth a visit?

May also get up to Arnhem area what may I see there?

Well since you're helping me out on Ullapool :p

Arnhem is also very close to the Hoge Veluwe National Reserve. The famous place where you can use the white bikes to get around. It's a very good spot to see a variety of landscape, good for diff birds. I am not too sure what birds you might expect, but it's a lot of woodland, heather, open field en small bodies of water. Other dutch birders will be able to give you more info on species during winter there. Have a great time at least! (Gelredome stadium btw?)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back