• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

D100 ? (1 Viewer)

Blade,

Here is the homepage URL...

http://www.lensadapter.com

... and this one is the ordering page.

http://www.lensadapter.com/products.htm

I use the 2PlusLE 37mm adapter with the Swarovski ATS65. The 50mm f/1.4 lens has 52mm threads, thus it requires a step-down ring (52mm-37mm) which is also listed on the LensPlus products page. When I bought my adapter, the 52mm-37mm step down wasn't available, so I had to use two rings....52mm-49mm...then 49mm-37mm. I think I will be ordering the 52mm-37mm from Lensplus in the near future, since it would be simpler and would probably get the lens closer to the eyepiece.

Lens plus also makes an adapter that will help support the weight of the D100 (which is pretty heavy hanging on the end of the scope), but I have no experience with that item (yet ;) ).

Cheers and Happy Hunting,

Ty

Last edited:
Thanks for that link. I tried hand holding my Canon 10D with my 50mm F1.8. I did ok, but not great. If I had an adapter, then I might be cooking! It takes a 52mm adapter, so it seems like it should work.

Those adapters look a bit expensive... but I guess I'll deal if I can get good results. I found that it was fairly difficult to focus well, because of low contrast. How does the D100 do? That osprey family is really crisp. (Interesting that you chose that one, as I tried to digiscope a osprey nest yesterday.)

Eric

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back