• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The neighbouts cat (1 Viewer)

pduxon

Quacked up Member
I think my neighbours cat doesn't like me!!

Last night I glanced out of the front window and spotted the cat crouched on the lawn. It looked guilty and shifty so I popped outside to see a blackbird oblivious to its fate. I made a noise and the bird hopped into a small tree in some bushes the cat flew into the bushes so I resulted to walking to the tree and the blackbird flew off.

A few weeks before I'd seen said blackbird(or one very similar ;) ) on the front lawn when I went to the kitchen to make a cup of tea said cat was coming across the back lawn. I shot round to the front in time to warn the blackbird.

The cat is now giving me dirty looks. Although perhaps not quite as dirty as I'm giving it.

Sorry about that I just had to vent my annoyance.

Water spray bottle, if you can get close enough to spray it. After a few soakings it probably will not bother again. It will start to associate coming into your garden as an unpleasant experience and it should stop.

We have one of those infra-red detector things that the neighbours' cat just sits in front of.

A colleague tells me that he once saw a cat go through a hole in the fence after a blackbird. The next thing he saw was the cat come flying back the other way with this blackbird a foot off the ground squaking in hot pursuit chasing the cat right up up the drive way!!

When I was a kid living in Suffolk we had a tame Jackdaw who would torment the life out of the local cats by flying down and eating their food. It used to tweak their tails which got them really upset and they would scoot off.

It also used to come in through the window and steal table tennis balls. It must have been reared from a youngster and then escaped as it suddenly turned up on our doorstep.

Seriuosly though, we have a labrador bitch so our garden is a cat free zone. However, a friend of mine swears by his four year olds powerful (10 metre range) pump action water pistol. B :) B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back