• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Eye Relief (1 Viewer)

Gallus

Hi
I just purchased a digiscoping outfit Swaro ats 65 hd & coolpix 4500 with an eage eye adaptor my eyepiece is 20 x 60 despite being ultra carefull I managed to damage the eye relief rubber in removing it Swaro very kindly sent me a replacement eye relief cap but with no instructins on how to remove the original cap.
I see in the forum Swaroski adaptor in detail it unscrews I can not get mine to move easily can anyone help.
gallus

Just keep turning it for a while and it will then stiffen slightly and keep unscrewing, it will come off.

(I am talking about the eye cup, you know!)

Thanks Andrew it worked first time after damaging the rubber ring I was a touch hesitant to put to much pressure on this. I started this digiscoping two weeks ago and it has taken over my life is this normal? or do you spend the rest of your life lying awake at two in the morning thinking about camera settings,adaptors, etc
This is my first post on the site thanks for the prompt reply great site

|8.|

the eye-relief comes off......!?!

Could someone bang me on the head please? I have been digiscoping for quite some time now without removing it. Am I glad to have found this forum.

Thanks all who write in here. It's very helpfull.

I'll be back. Please let the sun shine I want to test this new opportunity in digiscoping (for me that is).

I too use the ATS80 with zoom and the eagle eye adapter. Ive removed the inner plastic sleeve of the adapter, fitted this onto the zoom , kept in place with the neoprene band. I have left the rubber eye relief in place, the adapter then slips over the eye cup for quick pics or will screw down onto the plastic sleeve. Seems to work, although I'm putting my limited success down to other things at present.

Gallus said:
Thanks Andrew it worked first time after damaging the rubber ring I was a touch hesitant to put to much pressure on this. I started this digiscoping two weeks ago and it has taken over my life is this normal? or do you spend the rest of your life lying awake at two in the morning thinking about camera settings,adaptors, etc
This is my first post on the site thanks for the prompt reply great site
IMHO it is a bit all consuming to begin with, I use the same set up as you, apart from a DCA adapter and I think part of the challenge is to get pictures good enough to justify the not insignificant investment in all the constituent parts! Welcome to the world of digiscoping and await your first post on the picture board?

jim

jiminlondon99 said:
IMHO it is a bit all consuming to begin with, I use the same set up as you, apart from a DCA adapter and I think part of the challenge is to get pictures good enough to justify the not insignificant investment in all the constituent parts! Welcome to the world of digiscoping and await your first post on the picture board?

jim

Hi Jim
Thanks for your mail
I posted this query over a year ago and since then I have adapted my set up and now get fairly consistant results it is mainly weather and lack of sun that are the problems now, Please look at my gallery and you will notice the improvements in the course of an enjoyable year

Jim Wood (Gallus)
Strontian
West Highlands of Scotland

TerryD said:
I too use the ATS80 with zoom and the eagle eye adapter. Ive removed the inner plastic sleeve of the adapter, fitted this onto the zoom , kept in place with the neoprene band. I have left the rubber eye relief in place, the adapter then slips over the eye cup for quick pics or will screw down onto the plastic sleeve. Seems to work, although I'm putting my limited success down to other things at present.

Hi Terry
Thanks for your mail
Your Adaptor set up sounds good. I removed the rubber eye relief I now leave my camera on my scope at all times this gives you avery quick shot, I find my target with a home made aiming device it is very acurate.
If you are not getting consistant results make sure your camera settings are right the other point to watch is focus I use a 31/2 times magnifier on my LCD to make sure the target is fully focused.

Jim Wood (gallus)

Gallus,
Thanks, Ive also got the xtend-a-view. do you use the 4500 focus confirmation feature? I guess its just a case of getting experience using the lens on the LCD as to what is in and out of focus.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back