• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

kowa eyepiece (1 Viewer)

Langman

Hi everybody!!!! :hi:

This is my first post on this superb forum. :t:

I am very close to purchasing a new kowa 883 scope. I have been offered a great deal from a company in the USA. Even after VAT and import duty i am still a few hundred pounds better off. I have noticed on the spec sheet that they emailed me, the eyepiece is the 20-60x zoom for the 820 series.
I do know that kowa make an eyepiece specifically for the 770-880 series scopes. Should i insist that they supply that eyepiece,or will the 820 series one be just as good?
Cheers
Dave

Last edited:
You should insist on the 880 series zoom. The 820 series zoom needs an adapter to fit the 883, has a narrower field of view, and much less eye-relief.

Kimmo

kabsetz said:
You should insist on the 880 series zoom. The 820 series zoom needs an adapter to fit the 883, has a narrower field of view, and much less eye-relief.

Kimmo
Thanks Kimmo
Excellant advice. :clap:
I am going for the 883 instead of the 823 scope so i can attach my night vision equipment to it for owlwatch, i'm hoping the extra light gain will benefit me. Do you think the considerably more expensive 883 is worth it?
I know i would probably need to get get a lower mag lense for the NV attachment.
Cheers
Dave

Langman said:
Hi everybody!!!! :hi:

This is my first post on this superb forum. :t:

I am very close to purchasing a new kowa 883 scope. I have been offered a great deal from a company in the USA. Even after VAT and import duty i am still a few hundred pounds better off. I have noticed on the spec sheet that they emailed me, the eyepiece is the 20-60x zoom for the 820 series.
I do know that kowa make an eyepiece specifically for the 770-880 series scopes. Should i insist that they supply that eyepiece,or will the 820 series one be just as good?
Cheers
Dave
i would think the eyepiece is [ part of the good deal ] . g.p.o. will also bill you for handling.

stuart C smith said:
i would think the eyepiece is [ part of the good deal ] . g.p.o. will also bill you for handling.

You would be right in thinking it "Part of the good deal" and it is!
I have had kit off them before,
Delivered by Fed Ex.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back