• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First pics in garden (1 Viewer)

helenol

I wasn't too sure where to post these, but anyway, these are the first pics I have EVER taken with a digital camera (C750UZ) Talk about on a learning curve, I'm right at the bottom of it.

The fatball was destroyed by the squirrel, it had chewed through the plastic hanger, so I plonked it onto a small branch. As you can see the squirrel and blue tits don't seem to mind where it's plonked!

Pics were taken on zoom without a tripod (next of my purchase list).

H

Attachments

• squirrelfeeding.jpg
    squirrelfeeding.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 312
Hi,

Lovely picture - and you're first time too. You must be pleased!!

They may be a bit of a nuisance, but these squirrels are certainly cute..... we have had some living down the bottom of our garden for quite a few years now. Last year they managed to raise young, and we had up to 5 running around eating up all the bird food!!

Congrats..... Ruby

In my wooded neighborhood, squirrels can be a real nuisance on the feeders -- not that I mind them so much, but they do drive some folks crazy!

I've found that if I give them their own feeding station -- a ear corn feeder on a tree a little distance away from the bird feeders, they tend to spend a little less time trying to get at the feeders themselves. There's plenty of spilled feed on the ground, and they seem to be pretty happy with that.

Helen, for a first picture, that's really terrific!

I reckon you started half way up the curve, judging by this picture - well done, Helen. After the tripod - digiscoping????

I posted a picture of a red squirrel in the Gallery yesterday (it doesn't look like anything much until you look at the enlarged version). It's already vanished from "latest pictures", so now you have to go to Wild Animals - you could put your lovely picture there, then we can continue to admire it.

What a brilliant picture. I wish my 1st, or even my 100th, picture was as good as this one. Well done. Fantastic.

Hi Helen,

You got off o a great start with the camera with a lovely shot of the squirrel. You do need to upload it again to place it in the Gallery, if not already done. I amy have mised it with being away on holiday.

With the shot beng taken in the shadow areas no doubt a longer time exposure was needed, but one thing to be aware of with the Olympus C750 like the C2100UZ, is that it has a plastic tripod mount with isn't that stable or that durable and it's an expensive repair to have done. I managed to strip the thread on mine, though after quite a bit of use.

Helen you are already ahead of me, and I've had one digital for nearly a year!! I have just got a scope and next thing the tripod, Hubby is taking me later today!! I bet you still do better than me but I'm having training on the technical side, not that I'd use the pictures on the forum after doing anything other than zooming cutting cropping and sharpening, as anything else is not the done thing, in my book. I'm a bit old fashioned in that way. Nina.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back