• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

kowa ts 614 (1 Viewer)

si654

Does anyone have any experiences with the above scope i have seen one for sale at £300 with eyepieces aswell..

yes its a brilliant scope for the price. High performance and light in weight. Try to use it with a tsn eyepiece. I have had some o.k shots digiscoping ( see grebe pictures in gallery)

I second that; I use the angled version with a TSN30w eyepiece. Excellent combination. I wasn't impressed by the 27w eyepiece; I found correct eye placement v difficult.

Sean

Try to use it with a tsn eyepiece. I have had some o.k shots digiscoping ( see grebe pictures in gallery)

Or an Opticron eyepiece, might be even better. ;)
Jaff

EDIT: Included example and that's with a 612!

Attachments

• Collareddove08.jpg
    Collareddove08.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Ended up getting a non ed tsn602 after looking through one.
the ed ones where always gonna be a little out of my budget at this time ..

Last edited:
Kowa 613 digiscoping

Hi Steve

I'm new to this, and just posted on another forum but basically i have just bought a 613 with 20-40 kowa zoom eyepiece. I see you have a had some digiscoping success with a 614. Can I still get a Canon EF adaptor for mine? Any ideas where I should look? Is it totally dependant on the eyepiece.?

Any hep would be appreciated!

Thanks

Kevin
B :)

I have the 614 - it is brilliant. I also have a Canon adapter for digiscoping. You need a Kowa TSN Photo Attachment (800mm f10.4) and an Canon EOS T mount. I got both of mine second hand from focus optics. It works very well but you need a bright sunny day! No light....no go. There are other ways of doing this that don't lose as much light.

All the best. Oh and I nearly forgot the adapter was £99 and the ring £18.

Good look.
Jon

Hi,

If you want to use an slr, jons advice is best. If using a compact cam, i would say use the highest ISO you can afford, stick to the low end of the zoom, get as much light as possible and dont be tempted to use in camera zoom.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back