• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI - Overland from Ecuador to Peru? (1 Viewer)

Vectis Birder

Itchy feet
How easy is it to travel overland from Ecuador to Peru? What I'm planning to do is fly London-Quito in October, then spend October- January in Ecuador then overland down into Peru to Cusco (heckuva long way, I know!) then fly back to London from Lima at the end of February.

God these things take some planning! ;)

Cheers
VB

VB,

I can only comment on the Peru section. It is very easy to travel overland down to Lima from the Ecuadorian boarder, I have done this several times from Tumbes/Sullana to Lima. It just depends how long you want to take over it, I'm afriad that I have only done it on the overnight buses, but if you wanted to take your time the you'll be able t catch buses easily from town to town. Lima to Cuzco - are you flying? I f not when I did it in 1997 I went down the coast via Paracas and Nazca and then inland up to Arequipa and then caught a bus to Cuzco (Very intersting journey!) alternatively you could go up to Puno and catch the train to cuzco.

Hope this is of help,

Cheers,

Mark

it is easy. The border town in the Ecuador side is Huaquillas. It is a ~4h bus ride from Guayaquil. Inmigration is standard. Jose

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back