• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BGA SE v DBA? (1 Viewer)

AlexG

I don't suppose anyone has done a direct comparison of these two models- I am mainly interested in what benefit the DBAs have over the BGA SEs?

The reason: I recently visited my local camera/binocular shop and came away happy with a set of Hawkes (after the limited testing outside the shop), but once using them (in my normal environment) I discovered that they don't satisfy (from my limited knowlege I think my 'issue' is poor contrast when there is a bright background, but I may have the wrong terminology [shrug]).

So, I have spoken to the shop and they have agreed to credit against a higher spec pair.

I have asked them to get a pair of the new BGA SEs and a pair of DBAs I will then chose one of them - opted for Opticrons because I have one of their scopes which I am happy with - I will try to persuade them to let me take both pairs for a couple of hours before deciding, but it would be useful to be aware of where the differences are so that I can test accordingly. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back