• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

here on holiday.. (1 Viewer)

staying at Lamorna cove and trying to limit my time gazing at the sky ;-)

however, so far have seen 2 female Hen Harriers around the St Buryon area (which bizzarely seem to be happy sharing telegraph poles and wires with the crows ??), hopefully have some nice shots of them as well.

and I think I have a Moustached Warbler (the black legs seem to match up with my book pics) from Marazion RSPB site, and apparently there was a Bittern showing very well yesterday here although I didnt see it.

3 Turnstones from St Ives harbour wall, and numerous Robins, gulls and blue tits..

all in all its been a good week considering it was a bird free relaxing holiday :)

Photo's to follow when I get home and get em processed

staying at Lamorna cove and trying to limit my time gazing at the sky ;-)

however, so far have seen 2 female Hen Harriers around the St Buryon area (which bizzarely seem to be happy sharing telegraph poles and wires with the crows ??), hopefully have some nice shots of them as well.

and I think I have a Moustached Warbler (the black legs seem to match up with my book pics) from Marazion RSPB site, and apparently there was a Bittern showing very well yesterday here although I didnt see it.

3 Turnstones from St Ives harbour wall, and numerous Robins, gulls and blue tits..

all in all its been a good week considering it was a bird free relaxing holiday :)

Photo's to follow when I get home and get em processed

Hi Steve, sounds like you had a good time down here in Cornwall. Just two things though. Firstly it is highly likely that your Hen Harriers were buzzards. Lots of different plumages down here. Secondly iwould think that the Moustached was probably a late Sedge warbler. It would be the first record for britain if it were Moustached. Feel free to send your photos to the Cornwall Birding website and i will take a look. Regards Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back