• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blogs (12 Viewers)

First blog entry about my birding activities in Switzerland and it's already about a Birdrace. Well, it was held yesterday. We were a group of four, André (another one), Peter, Enzo and me. We started at the Schwägalp in the mountains. Friday night we had to cycle up there (1,5hrs) as cars are not allowed by the rules. After 10 pm, the official start time, we headed out and got a calling Tawny Owl after about 20 minutes. We went to bed with a good feeling... ...which immediately changed when we got up in the morning. It was raining hard and foggy. Nevertheless we went out and started. It was birding by the hard way. Not very much activity and usually just a short call. We needed the first four hours to clean up the Thrushes and the...
Underlined means a 2007 year bird BOLD means a lifer. This is my first blog entry. I recently went to Wales, got back yesterday at about 8pm. We stayed in a lovely cottage on a farm in Carmarthenshire. We arrived around 4pm on Saturday the 18th. On the way there I tried to spot as many birtds as possible from the car, only got about 15 species, things such as Kestrel, Woodpigeon, Gulls, Carrion Crow, Buzzards etc. The first day was pretty uneventful, we went shopping to stock up on things for the cottage but nothing really obird wise. Anyway I manage to pack in about 3 months worth of birding into a fortnight, got 7 lifers and it was very enjoyable. Day 2- The first birding day We woke up around 7ish to go for a walk around the farm. I...
So, we now have blogs! I think this is a great idea as it allows those of us who already have a blog (which is not exclusive to birding) to post bird only related items. All I have to do now is remember to use it!
I will move what had been the '2007 Blackpool Blog' to here from now on. Good day of birding today without anything exceptional. Great views of several freshwater waders (including Ruff) at Mythop and 24 Little Egrets in the roost at Freckleton Naze (though unfortunately no Great White...). Stephen.

Users who are viewing this forum

Back