||This article is incomplete.|
This article is missing one or more sections. You can help the BirdForum Opus by expanding it.
Photo by nkgray
Zogota, near Nâ€™ZĂ©rĂ©korĂ©, SE Guinea
, January 2010
- Aquila africana
- White underparts
- Black patches on side of breast
- Black axillaries and underwing-coverts
- Black upperparts
- Tail banded dark and light brown
- Pale yellow cere and feet
Humid forests of west and central sub-Saharan Africa: found from Togo east to Uganda and northern Tanzania, also recorded in Liberia and the Ivory Coast.
This is a monotypic species.
It was formerly placed in genus Spizaetus
Dense forest, dense canopy.
- Clements, JF. 2011. The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World. 6th ed., with updates to August 2011. Ithaca: Cornell Univ. Press. ISBN 978-0801445019. Spreadsheet available at http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/downloadable-clements-checklist
- Bioone Online Journals
 External Links