• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blogs (10 Viewers)

I've been photographing a pair of GSW for the last couple of years and sometimes capture a video or two so, I'm going to collect their story this year, if possible, in the hope they'll bring the youngsters back again. Looks like pop has been nest building already. Meet the 'peckers 2024
You should never believe your eyes….. My Aberlady trip had been, er, a bit of a challenge and I was determined to get back out as soon as humanly possible. And by human, I mean as soon as the competing demands of employment, wife and mini- Sandpipers allowed me. Now, I do love a challenge and not being put off by the loathsome Aberlady, a few days later I found myself with a few spare hours and headed to Ardmore Point, in Dumbartonshire. A place I'd struggled for birds previously, despite other birders finding great riches there regularly. A place I'd always found challenging....sounds familiar? I made my usual mistake of looking at the internet at what other people had seen, and said “hey, I can do that….” Damned internet. Arrived at...
Sometimes as a birder, you just have to grin and bear it.... I've realised I need to stop listening to my mate Bill. Sure, he's a repository of a lifetime's worth of birding knowledge, and is damned good company to boot, but his other- worldly luck with birding sets an exceptionally high bar, and an unrealistic expectation of "well, my mate Bill can do it, so can I...." This is a chap, remember, who birds go to see. My trip to Fairlie, as challenging as it had been, was still good enough to reignite the warm, happy birding glow, after my January stutters. I resisted the urge to do a comparison with January 2023, and instead focused on my next adventure. Bill had happily let me know he had had an excellent day in Dumbartonshire...

Users who are viewing this forum

Back