• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last Swallows and Martins of the year ... (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
Missed doing last Swift of the year.

Still feels pretty summery (when sunny; other wet days feels quite like winter/abysmal). A more protracted 'last migrants' for this group, but we'll see ...

Today; 5 Swallows at Pendennis Point, Falmouth this morning, with 1 yesterday at nearby Argal Reservoir.

Still 12, mainly juv, Swallows on telephone wires around breeding sites at Little Crosby, Merseyside on 6.10.17

Big movement of mainly House martins (I gave up at 550) heading SW along the coast at Seaford on Wednesday, then tens to low hundreds Swallows, mainly juvs across West Wittering early yesterday morning. So they are still around in sig numbers.

Mick

Three swallows feeding near the harbour at Goodwick (i.e. Fishguard) today while I was on my way to Strumble Head. My latest ever (not that I've been birding long enough for that to be remarkable).

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back