• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Attaching strap & lens cover ? (1 Viewer)

mrlimbo

Ok im pretty stupid , but ive just got a new pair of Trophys 10x42 , now theres no instructions on the proper/right way of attaching the neck strap and lens cover.
Now i can attach them , in fact in 3 or 4 different ways , but what is the correct method ?
Theres no info or even a picture of the strap attached , on the whole of the web !!!!
Now its no big deal , but this sort of thing tends to eat away at my brain , hence the problem in the first place.
oiseau_40.gif

Last edited:
mrlimbo said:
Ok im pretty stupid , but ive just got a new pair of Trophys 10x42 , now theres no instructions on the proper/right way of attaching the neck strap and lens cover.
Now i can attach them , in fact in 3 or 4 different ways , but what is the correct method ?
Theres no info or even a picture of the strap attached , on the whole of the web !!!!
Now its no big deal , but this sort of thing tends to eat away at my brain , hence the problem in the first place.
oiseau_40.gif
This is what I do, but I worked this out by myself, so it may not be according to Hoyle. Put the binocs down, eyepieces facing you, strap lugs up. Arrange the strap with the buckles up (making sure it's not twisted). Push the straps (away from you) through the lugs and bring them back over the top and through the buckles. I hope this makes sense; it's easier to do than describe.

See this thread for information about cutting the strap to size.

Michael.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back