• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minnesota Birding Trip Planned (1 Viewer)

Larry Lade

A group of Missouri birders are planning to go on a winter trip up to the Duluth, Minnesota area. We plan to leave January 21st and return south on January 28th. Expected birds include Snowy Owl, Great Gray Owl, Northern Hawk-Owl, Golden-eyes (Common & Barrow's), Harlequin Duck, Gyrfalcon (perhaps), Boreal Chickadee, Northern Three-toed Woodpecker, Bohemian Waxwing, Evening Grosbeak, Pine Grosbeak, Spruce Grouse, Sharp-tailed Grouse, Snow Bunting, redpolls, crossbills, Northern Shrike, various gull species,etc.

My target birds (would be "lifers") are:
1. Boreal Owl (aka.Tengman's)
2. Bohemian Waxwing (my nemesis bird)
3. Spruce Grouse

4. Grey Partridge (We might also have a possibility of seeing it in our passage through the state of Iowa.

I might be posting here while we are up in Minnesota to let you know how I am doing in respect to finding the birds listed (and perhaps some surprises), as time, resources and inclination permit.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back