• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ACR 6.7 - cannot find (1 Viewer)

Musoman

PETE - Nikon/Sony Shooter
United Kingdom
I recently lost a hard drive, but managed to recover most stuff.

I have re-installed my Adobe CS5 editor, but the free Adobe camera raw ( ACR 6.7 ) raw file editor was missing. This is normally a free download from Adobe, but they no longer have it for download. Only a DNG converter, which I dont need as i work with NEF files

I've had a fruitless search elsewhere. Does anyone have a link as to where ACR 6.7 can be found ?

Thanks!

Hi Andrea - again, all the ACR 6.7 links are updates. I could download the DNG converter, but then i dont really want all my NEF Raw files converted to
DNG - unless anyone thinks that's a better option than working with NEFs ?

I'm with you now. I've been able to find a link to Adobe camera raw plugin 6.5. I would try that if I were you. I know that you said you had 6.7, and you may be able to update to that once you've got the plugin installed. Follow the instructions for `Install Camera Raw 6.5 plug-in for Photoshop CS5 and Adobe Creative Suite 5 (manual installation on Mac OS or Windows)'.

On a previous machine I had an old version of Photoshop, and when I bought a new camera I found it could not handle the format. At the time I was unable to download a raw editor which would work with the new format, and the one included was not updatable. I ended up having to use the converter and turn the raws into dngs first.

Adobe try to push you towards updating your software by only making updates available for it to a point, and then you've got to fork out again.

Good luck,

Andrea

I'll give that a try Andrea - thanks !

( in your link above in the previous post of ACR 6.7, i've noticed all the DNG converter ACR's are updates too - so they'd have been no good either ;) )

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back