• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Intrigued by Omega (1 Viewer)

Hi all
I've just bought a pair of old Japanese Omega 7x50's (ebay not arrived yet). They're marked with the square root symbol below which are five stars. I've found the odd references to these bins including a few pics, some are without this type of marking, and others have varying amounts of stars. There is a fair amount of info on this site regarding the odd/poor power markings (meaning they're sometimes nowhere near their marked magnification) but I would be very interested to know any info on this maker (?) even if it's available elsewhere because I may not have seen it.

Attachments

• myOmegas1.jpg
    myOmegas1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 58
  • myOmegas2.jpg
    myOmegas2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 51
  • myOmegas3.jpg
    myOmegas3.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 46
  • myOmegas4.jpg
    myOmegas4.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 49
  • myOmegas5.jpg
    myOmegas5.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back