• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Baader zoom arrived today, It's huge. (1 Viewer)

Yes, thanks for the post Dave, very interesting. If I'm reading it right, it looks like you can buy an adapter to fit Astro EP's to the Optolyth.

That's the one I'm looking at, says a £10 postage though? Looking at it, I can't see how it works.
You won't be able to get the EP flush.

Attachments

• $_57 (1).JPG
    $_57 (1).JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 64
That's the one I'm looking at, says a £10 postage though? Looking at it, I can't see how it works.
You won't be able to get the EP flush.

Hi,

ok was to be expected that free postage is germany only...
As for the fit, yes if your EP needs to sit flush to focus, this adapter probably is not the best idea...

Joachim

I've been doing a bit more digging and it seems Pentax eyepieces are the std 1.25in astro scope fitting, so I could easily fit these to my Optolyth.
They are more expensive than the Baader, but these are top quality Japanese lenses, are they they likely to be any better optically than the Baader?

Ron

I've been doing a bit more digging and it seems Pentax eyepieces are the std 1.25in astro scope fitting, so I could easily fit these to my Optolyth.
They are more expensive than the Baader, but these are top quality Japanese lenses, are they they likely to be any better optically than the Baader?

Ron

Indeed, they are.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back