• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon ED50 eyepiece cover.... (1 Viewer)

COLOMBIA Birding

Colombia
Hi all... I received my Nikon ED50 and I am really happy with it... exactly what I wanted!..
I received a nice big lens cap but a rather small non-fitting-well eyepiece cap (pics attached); is this the same you have received with your scopes?.. I wonder why not a real protective non-falling cap comes with these scopes!!..
thanks for any input, Diego.

Attachments

• lens ''cap'' (1) (Medium) (Small).JPG
    lens ''cap'' (1) (Medium) (Small).JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 127
  • lens ''cap'' (2) (Medium) (Small).JPG
    lens ''cap'' (2) (Medium) (Small).JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 120
  • lens ''cap'' (3) (Medium) (Small).JPG
    lens ''cap'' (3) (Medium) (Small).JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 110
Hi Diego. It's the 13-30x MC zoom with the fold down eyecup. The plastic cover fits inside the eyecup. The MCII zoom has a twist up eyecup with a cover that fits over the eyepiece as have all the wide MC fixed eyepieces. As far as i know there isn't a different one for your eyepiece.

Hi Diego. It's the 13-30x MC zoom with the fold down eyecup. The plastic cover fits inside the eyecup. The MCII zoom has a twist up eyecup with a cover that fits over the eyepiece as have all the wide MC fixed eyepieces. As far as i know there isn't a different one for your eyepiece.

Thanks for the input Andrew...

Probably u could ask to get the different eyepiece cover for free ?

Thanks Azahari... I already contacted Eagle Optics where I ordered this scope and they told me all Nikon ED50 they have in stock bring same eyepiece cover... how should I email to directly at Nikon??... any ideas?
gracias!

You want a lens cap leash like this. Keeps the cap handy in rain and you will never lose it.

They come in different styles so make sure to get one that has an elastic band on one end. You secure this end to the eyepiece barrel and the sticky "button" goes on the cap. It is what I use on my ED50 with MCII zoom.

Just don't expect too much from the sticky. It lets go much too easily, at least in my experience.
A dab of Crazy Glue is needed to help bond it to the cap.

This is the official response by Nikon staff:

"It actually looks like the right one. Sometimes those covers don't fit tightly. I'll keep your address on file and send a new cover when available.

Thanks for using Nikon products!

Nikon Inc. (USA) Support / Service
http://support.nikontech.com"

I had two different ED50..the first one had the zoom cap just like yours,the one i have now,just a plastic one that fits OVER the eyepiece..you probably can buy one in any camera shop...

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back