• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sensor cleaning (1 Viewer)

Jhanlon

I've collected an impressive amount of dust on my sensor. Any tips on cleaning? Should I get a DiY kit and if so are any recommended?
(Camera is a Canon EOS 20D)

thanks

I use one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giottos-GTA...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247677400&sr=8-1

I do a fair bit of macro so sensor cleaning is often a must for me with the blower - far better than having to clone and heal in shot.

I generall will mount the camera on a tripod and aim it down - then I remove the cover over the lens hole and activate the manual camera cleaning mode (ie flip the mirror and allow access to the sensor). Then I take the blower and give it a few good blows before putting it in the camera to get rid of any dust in the blower itself. I then hold the nozzle end (so that it does not wabble and hit the sensor of the sides of the camera) and blow into the camera housing. Every few puffs I remove the blower and let any dust fall out before continuing

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back