• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Close view of buzzard (1 Viewer)

Hotglove

I was very fortunate recently, I drive a 12 tonne Mercedes Unimog at work, which has a tall cab and very large windscreen.
I was driving slowly down a narrow lane with high banks and hedges on each side.
A Buzzard flew through a gap in the hedge and continued to fly directly in front of the windscreen for about 50mtrs, then turned and disappeared through the hedge.
It was amazing to see the way its muscles were working across its back.
An unforgettable experience.

I was very fortunate recently, I drive a 12 tonne Mercedes Unimog at work, which has a tall cab and very large windscreen.
I was driving slowly down a narrow lane with high banks and hedges on each side.
A Buzzard flew through a gap in the hedge and continued to fly directly in front of the windscreen for about 50mtrs, then turned and disappeared through the hedge.
It was amazing to see the way its muscles were working across its back.
An unforgettable experience.

Experiences like these make watching wildlife so special, hope you have many more

Mark

Yeah, sometimes it's not just the very rare birds that give us a thrill but "everyday" birds seen closely or unexpectedly. Hope you are going to have many more similar experiences.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back