• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gitzo launches new Safari range (1 Viewer)

No sorry, and with it being a 4-leg section tripod I wont be looking at it either. If Gitzo had really done their research and aimed this at birdwatchers as their blurb suggests, I dont know who they asked as I dont know any birders who use 4-leg section tripods.

I love Gitzo tripods, I just dont get on with their twist locks, but I've used their G2180 head for some years. The Safari head looks very interesting but as far as I can see, it isnt a fluid head (unlike the G2180 I use).

Don't know about the legs, but the two heads appear to be identical to the GH1720QR and GH2720QR, except that they are colored green instead of "noir decor".

Though I recognize the needs of digiscopers are somewhat different than those who are using a scope just for observing, Henry Link reviewed the GH2720QR in this thread in the Spotting Scopes & Tripod/Heads section:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=175425

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back