• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My favourite Spring pic (1 Viewer)

pie

Hi All,
After reading Sue's lovely Spring thread, it prompted me to pick a favourite Spring image. It was difficult because I took lovely bird pics yesterday, but this one sums up Spring for me.

I call it "Dawn til Dusk"

Does anyone else have a favourite Spring pic?
Would love to see them, bye for now

Attachments

• DSC_0313.JPG
    DSC_0313.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0256.JPG
    DSC_0256.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 34
Oh my word Pie - what can I say! Brilliant! Especially the first one. I won't be able to find anything of that quality amongst mine. :clap:

I know it's 'Dawn til Dusk', but I couldn't help having a go at tweaking the lighting levels on the speckled breast in the second shot. The sky doesn't look so dusky in it now, though. I hope you won't be annoyed with me, but I've only recently learned how to use one small feature of OH's photo program (not that he knows how to use most of it!), and I can never resist lightening things up now! I find it especially useful for seeing what's actually in the shadows in my 'woody patch'.

A quick shuffle through my photos of last (late) spring, brings up happy memories of my rowan in blossom with a Goldfinch chick in there. So that's my humble offering. This spring's snapshots, so far, have already appeared elsewhere.

Best wishes.

Attachments

• DSC_0256.JPG
    DSC_0256.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Goldfinch Chick in Rowan.jpg
    Goldfinch Chick in Rowan.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 27
Pie!...they are beautiful photos. Well done indeed. :clap:

So far my favourite one must be one that I put on another thread of the lambs, but I'll put it here too. Nothing to compare to yours though.

Attachments

• Sheep and Lambs 1.jpg
    Sheep and Lambs 1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 25
Hi Pie,
Good thread. Beautiful photos of my favourite bird ~ well done...and that goldfinch chick is cute Renee. I havent got any good ones so far ~ all the ones from last year were lost when the old computer crashed, hopefully I'll get some nice spring ones soon..lol.

Best wishes

Oops...you must have posted while I was typing Wendy ~ nice :t: and I for one dont mind seeing it again.

Hi Pie,

What a super picture Pie! :clap:

Yours too Renée and Wendy :t: ,

What a brilliant thread this should be Pie..... :D

Here is my offering, I will call it... 'Love is in the air'..... :loveme:
Well it is Spring ;)

Attachments

• P1060829.jpg
    P1060829.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 32
Like Wendy my offering has appeared elsewhere but I am so proud of it I am showing it again! I took it one handed, through the window, whilst talking to my sister on the phone, so I am mighty pleased with the result!

Love your pics, Pie.

Attachments

• LTT.JPG
    LTT.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 37
What a beautiful thread! Such lovely pictures everyone. ;)

I can't find any spring bird pics right now ... How about some Magnolia blossoms?

magnolia.jpg

Some great Spring pics guys..Mine has to be one of the first sign's of colour and new life in the Garden and roadside the Daff..

Attachments

• daffodil2.jpg
    daffodil2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 27
  • P1310026.JPG
    P1310026.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 28
Hi All,
Ah Renee your Goldfinch on the Rowan is lovely thank you.
I don't mind if you tweak the pics, well done, it clearly shows his lovely spotted underside.
I love the Spring Lambs Wendy they always conjure up the classic sign of Spring. It's a wonderful sign of optimism for me. Bliss!
Ah! Pam what a lovely image of love, it certainly is in the air for sure, they cant get much higher! LOL!
Aww, Kits, Your lovely powder puff Long Tail Tit is so cute. They always delight me. I can watch them for ages & never get bored when I'm out & about. They rank very highly in my "cute book" Great capture Kits.
Lydia your pic of the Magnolia Blossoms is a fabulous image of Spring, thank you for posting it.
Wow! Ray, that is very dramatic & clever photography. I love the intensity of pic 1, how did you achieve that? (if you don't mind me asking) & pic 2 shows that clever blurring of the background, Ive only achieved that once by accident. Well done Ray.
Thank you all for your kind comments & lovely Spring images

I thought this was a lovely thread Pie, and has brought out such good pictures by everyone. It just goes to show how we do love our Spring.
Thanks for your kind remarks on my naughty 'tweaking'. I was beginning to wish I hadn't done it, because your original was better at showing the thrush at dusk. It's just that I get carried away sometimes!

pie said:
I love the intensity of pic 1, how did you achieve that? (if you don't mind me asking) & pic 2 shows that clever blurring of the background, Ive only achieved that once by accident.

Not at all Pie, a great thread and great to see everyone's photo's of spring.
Pic 1 was taken by placing the daff between the camera and the sunlight coming through the patio window and shot on macro, couple more from same trial attached. Moved the flower around till I got the right shot...good job daff's don't fly though... ;)
For the blurring on pic 2 I use an soft focus option on Picasa (free download software) I use for my digi photo's.

Attachments

• P1100003.JPG
    P1100003.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P1100004.JPG
    P1100004.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 14
Hello Lydia. In my previous garden, I had a magnificient magnolia in full bloom a few years ago. I took a pic. of it and that night, we had keen frost.The next day it look like a tree trimmed all over with tea bags.It was ok in followig years.
That's life.

maurice

I don't know what else to say Pie, except that those pics are exceptional and I love the first one especially.

:clap: :clap:

All these photographs are sooooooo beautiful!

Hi Maurice. Yes the Magnolia is a tricky thing isn't it? Some years it is magnificant. Other years are just as you said ... beautiful blossoms followed abruptly by tea bag mush! Or .... the buds are just about to open and are dropped by the frost in the unopened state .... Or .... Thunderstorm comes and rips all the petals off the flowers and you are left with a tree full of center pieces. LOL!

Ain't Nature great?

L.

Hi folks,

Lydia, an apology, sorry to tread on your magnolias but this is our very first magnolia flower; we planted the (very small) tree in late '05 and here is it!

And can I add another first, this time Clematis armandii 'Snowdrift. Again planted late '05 and the first flowers.

Bill

Attachments

• DS magnolia flower 180307 2.jpg
    DS magnolia flower 180307 2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DS clematis armandii 'snowdrift' 200307 .jpg
    DS clematis armandii 'snowdrift' 200307 .jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
All the magnolias and camellias round here were looking stunning last week. This week they have all been frosted. Maurice - your description of tea bags is such a good one, that is exactly what they look like.

Bill. Bill. Bill....

Your Magnolia is so very pretty!

The photograph I posted was actually taken by my mother a few years ago. The Magnolia pictured is a minimum of 50 years old! BTW....... I am a cheater. LOL!

Lydia

RKell1 said:
Not at all Pie, a great thread and great to see everyone's photo's of spring.
Pic 1 was taken by placing the daff between the camera and the sunlight coming through the patio window and shot on macro, couple more from same trial attached. Moved the flower around till I got the right shot...good job daff's don't fly though... ;)
For the blurring on pic 2 I use an soft focus option on Picasa (free download software) I use for my digi photo's.

Ooo! thanks for the tip Roy, I might give that a try.
Thank you Lapwing for your lovely comments & the Magnolia & Clemitis pics are beautiful Lydia & Bill.
Renee, I think it's great to experiment with pics, I tend to crop but I'm cluless when it comes to tweeking!!lol!
I rekon you & Ray could come up with some great pics.
Thanks again all. x

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back